ValCon is seeking an individual who has the ability to manage design and construction teams and drive the successful delivery of high rise residential and commercial construction projects
- BA or BS degree. Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management degree a plus.
- A minimum of 7 years experience in construction administration/management.
- Ability to prepare preliminary design and construction schedules on MS Project.
- Experience with cost estimating and preparation of design and construction budgets.
- Ability to oversee New York City building permit and approval process.
- Ability to deliver on a timely basis.
- Prepare requests for proposals, bid and level project consultants, vendors and contractors.
- Ability to negotiate contract terms and costs.
- Oversight of construction through completion and punchlist.
- Manage design coordination to minimize change orders.
- Negotiation of change orders and close out of consultants and contractors.
- Organize and chair project meetings.
- Oversee design and construction teams with adherence to project schedules and budgets.
- A clear communicator with good writing skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, MS Project.
We are willing to train good candidates who have the talent and drive to excel in this exciting and challenging business.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and full benefits including medical and 401K retirement plans.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.